Bromelia Contactgroep (BCG)
P/a Botanische Tuinen Budapestlaan 17
3584 CD Utrecht
ABN-AMRO bankrek. 184.108.40.206
Verification codes used (ITF):The seeds in this list have been taken from verified plants and only if we were reasonably sure that cross-pollination with related species would be unlikely. Verification codes used:
- 0= not been determined by any authority;
- 1= determined by comparison with other named plants;
- 2= determined by a taxonomist or other competent person;
- 3= determined by a specialist (taxonomist working on that group)
Explanation of provenance codes of the plants (ITF):
- W = Accession of wild source (treat as 'Z' because the donor plant is cultivated in our B.G.)
- Z = from a wild source plant in cultivation.
- G = Garden origin.
The first two positions are the iso-code of the country of origin. XX means: country of origin unknown.
The next position is a digit meaning: special restrictions (1) or not (0).
The next position is the acronym (IPEN garden code) of the garden that introduced the accession into the IPEN network (our garden U).
The rest consists of the internal accession number (see below)
The IPEN-number as a whole stays attached to the accession, wherever it may go, so that it will always be possible to trace back its origin.
The first four digits indicate the year of registration, (1900 = unknown year of entry).
The next two characters are coding for the garden location or specific group of plants:
- GR=Green houses;
- BL=Rock Garden;
- RD=Woody Plants;
- ZE=Annuals and Biennials. The other five digits are a sequence number.
- SL=Collected for the seedlist only